As a venue for learning and personal growth, Wild & Immersive offers outdoor educational programs for diverse youth and adult groups. We require staff to assist the Education Coordinator in preparing and delivering outdoor-based and educational programs for youth and adult groups at the Malcolm Knapp Research Forest.
The person hired for this position must have/be:
- a Canadian Resident,
- must be available to work Wednesday to Friday and have a flexible schedule,
- patient and positive,
- the physical capabilities necessary to perform all required tasks,
- strong leadership skills,
- strong people and customer service skills,
- ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts,
- strong public speaking skills,
- background in one or more various fields (e.g., arts, recreation, sports, and/or outdoor education),
- the ability to work efficiently alone or in a team environment,
- a valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle that can drive on gravel roads,
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
- strong attention to detail, and
- First Aid Level 1.
The following would be considered assets for the position:
- working knowledge of social, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of children and youth,
- prior education or knowledge in environmental field, and
- prior education or experience in children, youth, and/or adult programming.
At times, this position may put special demands on the person performing the job. These demands may include:
- lifting or moving heavy objects,
- frequent bending,
- constant movement,
- walking around the facility, sometimes in poor weather conditions or up/down stairs or inclines,
- delivering out-door based programs in all weather conditions, and
- delivering high energy and physically demanding programs (e.g., interpretive hikes).
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.